welcome to another way of life...
It may be a smaller community than you’re used to, but it’s diverse, open and welcoming. The environment is one of the rarest and richest in Europe. There’s an amazingly vibrant social, artistic and musical scene. The islands are well-connected to the outside world, too. Whether you’ve applied for a job in Shetland, would like to set up a new business or want a stimulating creative base, we hope that this site will not only inspire you but also provide the down-to-earth, practical information you need. You can:
- Learn more about Shetland’s history, culture, environment, economy and people
- Find out about the skills needed in Shetland and the main island employers
- Track down useful business guidance
- Get advice on all the practical things, like housing, education, shopping or health.
- Read about the experiences and achievements of others who’ve already made the move
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us for more information
If you decide to make the move to Shetland, you won’t be short of advice, support or new friends.
We hope you’ll decide to join us.